Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 80

Hmmmmm....it's been proven that you can go around the world in 80 days.....before jets!! or space ships... in fact, I think the shuttle goes "around the earth" in four hours!! (Seems like I read that once, when they were just orbiting us...the astronauts were seeing something like six sunsets and sunrises each 24 hours!)


Today was a pretty quiet day. I fed Stan lunch and dinner, and I think he mostly slept the rest of the time. I did have to leave at 2 to take Phil from school to work....except just before I got to the university, he called to tell me that Kacee would take him.

So while I was out and about, I decided to run another necessary errand. I took my car to Paul's Body Shop for their initial "look see" so they could order the parts to fix it. "Paul" (I assume he is the Paul of Paul's Body Shop) said he trained the estimator at Allstate, so he was sure he was pretty accurate... but he checked the car out, got the paint number, etc...and said he agreed with the Allstate guy. He will get the parts from Honda and give me a call to set up a day to repair the car. While it is in the "hospital" I am going to have some more surgery done on it. Someone threw a rock at my windshield last summer and cause it to crack....a small crack, but bigger than a chip. However, all this cold weather seems to enjoy playing "crack the windshield bigger" so it is a pretty sick windshield now. This I will have to pay for, of course, but it will just mean ONE trip to the hospital for the car. They don't do windshields, but they do TRUST one glass guy to come work in their shop when a car is there for repairs and needs a new windshield. It will be good to get it done.

The Case Manager came in to see me again today. When I set the date for our 24 hour stay over, I specifically asked the person to let "Linda" know... but no one had. She is going to have all the information for me on Monday....What medicare will pay for/provide/etc...and any costs to me...and where to get what I might need that they don't provide....etc etc

Birdie, Stan really likes those truffles. I've just been giving him about half of one each dinner time for his dessert. Laura and Sara S brought him another box of them yesterday....so he is well supplied. Anymore than half of one would get me into trouble, I am sure. His blood sugars are too high....meaning he gets an insulin shot several times a day. But he needs a "little" chocolate.

The pureed pasta tonight was so gross, I figured the truffle could be his carbs instead. heehee

I haven't heard if Cheri got home okay...but in this case, I am assuming that NO NEWS is GOOD NEWS!!

I'm not getting much done on the house part. I better concentrate on getting more sleep tonight and tomorrow night so I can be up for the 24 hour thing.

So.....good night all!! And thanks for listening! (and praying!!!)

Love, M

No comments: