Sunday, February 3, 2008

Day 81

The first Saturday of the month, the men of the church here get together for breakfast and fellowship. "Today" (I am writing Saturday's update on Sunday morning) the breakfast was held at the Golden Corral restaurant instead of at the church building. The GC is just a block behind Stan's hospital!! I had stayed home so Cannon could sleep and Pete could go to the breakfast. He, Brian, and Isaac enjoyed the time, and afterward they went to see Stan and feed him lunch.

Most, if not ALL, of the other men also went to see Stan. What a wonderful thing for him to be included in that day of fellowship. He often made crepes at the church building for the men's bfst.

I didn't get to go until Pete got home to take care of Cannon. When I got there, Brian was helping give Stan a bed bath. Tonight Pete and I start the 24 hour care time. There is a recliner and they are bringing in a cot. We are not expected to stay awake all night, but to be there to hear him and take care of his needs as tho we were home.

If all goes well, he is coming home on Saturday. I still don't know the logistics of that move..... TransCare, ambulance, or just what and how????

The rest of the day after all that excitement was pretty quiet. His dinner was "unedible" ...really. And very light. He does not like tea, but they keep sending iced tea with thick-it....no lemon or sugar, etc...and it is pretty gross tasting. There was no fruit or meat, just pureed squash and macaroni and cheese (which I had to ask what it was....I couldn't identify by sight, taste, or smell!), and some left over from yesterday cauliflower soup. He gagged on it and threw up a little and I know it was because it was so unpalatable. So after just a few bites, I got some tomato juice, which he loved. I had fig Newtons there for me, and I chopped one up and fed it to him. AND then gave him 1/2 of a small truffle. Not the best meal....I am sure he went to "bed" hungry. Where are the tube feeding and milkshakes when you need them???

Applebee's have their buffalo wings half price after nine p.m. Since I hadn't eaten since bfst, when Pete and Cannon arrived we went there for some dinner. I knew Isaac really liked the wings, so we got enough to take a bunch home to him. A basket is usually 8.50....and we got ours for 4.25......not bad, huh!!!

I felt guilty eating when I know Stan was hungry. Hopefully, they'll give him more juice in the night.

Cheri made it home fine. We DO miss her!!

Please do continue to pray for Darian....Bob and Connie Bowers' grandson. He starts chemo soon, and it sounds like he will lose at least a part of his leg. He is only five years old. Bob grew up in Coos Bay, OR with Stan and me. In fact, he sang at our wedding.

I will be "decking" Stan out in his Patriot loot and taking his picture today. Andy and Katrina are planning on watching the game with him (if only the Packers were playing the Patriots!! Poor Katrina....) while the rest of the guys go sledding. The weather is gorgeous.....blue sky! But VERY VERY COLD!! It was -5 last night at ten. The news predicted as much as -20 in some areas over night. I don't think it is a very good idea to take two year olds sledding in that temp....so maybe they won't get to have the sledding party. We do have the snow!!

I need to start getting the boys up and ready for church, so talk to you later!

Love, m

No comments: