Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 77

This is the day Stan ties his brother Danny's record for being in the hospital. We weren't really trying to have a race!! I just hope that one day he will be able to walk as good as Danny. Danny is definitely another of God's miracles!!

He didn't hold his head up as good as some days, but it was much better than yesterday. I was able to feed him without having to hold it up at all. When we told him we had to go get something to eat, he "ordered" a chocolate milk shake! He got one, and he ate between a third and a half of it. And he ate all his dinner, too.

Trivia: we know four Mandy's... his two visitors today were two of them!! (The other two are relatives who live in other states.)

Wow...I do believe that all the staff has seen our big heart in the snow!! It is still there, and I hope my pix turn out okay. As soon as I take a picture Cannon says, "Can I see?" and "Show me!" heehee.... I am still using a 35mm camera, not a digital. When Ashley was his age and I took her picture, she would say, "Okay, Grandma. Let's go to Costco!" (She "understood" we had to get it developed, but didn't understand we had to finish the roll first.)

We were told a big bull moose was running around outside Stan's window this morning. We missed him, but the nurse said she was worried that he would wreck our heart!

Stan continues to "whisper" to us when we are in the room, unless we really beg and "badger" him to use his big voice. But when Uncle Don called today.....he said, "Hi Uncle Don" as loud and clear as anything!! Aha...so now I know he still CAN!! It is hard work, tho. It takes a lot of energy to get the sound out...I guess because he wasn't able to use that part of him for so many weeks. I hope and pray that some day he'll be able to use some of his left side! He is getting very good with his right hand. I would like for the boys to try to get him on his feet...holding on to him, of course. The hospital won't allow it because of liability.

Andy, Brian, and Pete stayed with Stan later tonight, telling Cheri and me to go home early...so here I am writing before midnight!!! I was hoping to go to bed early, but have one more load of clothes to take care of first.

It was good to "talk" to you all with out falling asleep, tho. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!!

Love, M...
News Flash for those CCA folk who remember John and Kim Buening! They had a baby girl January 28 ...Faith....weighing in at 6lb10oz. and 19 inches long. She was born in Germany where they are stationed now. She joins Big brothers, Wil (born in Anchorage, and Kim says "Proud of it") and Jack, born in Illinois.

No comments: