Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 55

Oh dear...I really wanted to build that snowman!! For those of you who don't understand Alaska snow....it just won't stick together. When I got to the hospital the wind chill was a little much even for me. (I did manage to walk around down town with Pete, covering 6 or 7 blocks in single digit weather, wearing my light weight jacket, no gloves or hat.) I did take two pair of gloves with me to the hospital in case anyone volunteered to help. Shortly after I got there we had a pretty good blizzard for about an hour, too. But the snow is so dry and fluffy, it just won't even make a snow ball. I thought maybe it would, since Kathy threw the one a couple of days ago. But when she came and I asked her to go help me, she said she had to work and work to get it to stay together long enough for her to throw it. Maybe I need to make an igloo instead..........out of ice blocks. Hmmmmm Stay tuned..

It will depend on how I feel, I guess. I hate to admit it, but I am pretty sore, and am a bit concerned about what tomorrow will bring. Pete and I went "shopping" to get Stan some of those thermacare heat pads for his knees, and some nice soft warm socks for his feet when he is sitting up in the chair. On our way back to the hospital.....almost in sight of the hospital, but not quite....I was stopped at a red light waiting to turn from Denali street onto Tudor...when I grabbed my head and cried "OW! OW!" It wasn't until AFTER that that I figured out what was wrong. I had just been rear ended by a large GMC Yukon vehicle. My back bumper is no longer a very pretty sight. I really truly didn't need any more stress in my life. I hate "paper work" and "insurance" stuff, and all that goes with these things ...the inconvenience!! Even if there is no pain........... I thought my plate was full, but I guess I had room for dessert!

(The first snow of the season is usually wet enough to make a snow man. Remember my first email update on Stan...the day he had the stroke it snowed and was the snow man kind, and I wanted to make one SOOOO bad.)

Back to Stan!!!! He ate five bites of applesauce for the speech therapist today. He liked it! He did fine! She is bringing chocolate pudding tomorrow!!!

I also found a bag of chocolate candy on the shelf in his room when I got back from shopping. AND he said "someone" melted a little and put it on his tongue. Does anyone know who that was, Deryl???

He was in the chair for over an hour again today. And didn't really fuss about hurting until he was back in his room. Then he said "they forgot to take the brick out of the chair." He is having plenty of knee pain, and we are trying to alleviate it. He looks so good sitting in the chair, all shaved and handsome...I took his picture. When I get it developed I'll try to scan it in to show you all.

We did get several inches of new snow in our driveway. It is supposed to be cold for the rest of the week....meaning single digits at night.

I left around 10:30 tonight, hoping to get some sleep, so I guess I better go "get it."

Love, M

No comments: