Sunday, December 23, 2007

Day 39

Brian went in to the hospital early to sit with Stan. He had good news to relate to me. The "infection" doctor told him that the antibiotic was the right one and was working against the staph. PTL

Stan had been having trouble digesting his "food" so they turned it off for a couple of days to give his gut a rest. They turned it back on today, and he seems to be tolerating it.

Stan's numbers stayed good today. He did have to have his pic changed back to his left arm. They are supposed to be good for quite awhile, but his seems to quit working after two weeks. This is the third or fourth time his has been moved. It is similar to a port that chemo patients have....they can administer meds thru it, draw blood from it, etc. John Toms and I sat for over two hours waiting for him to be brought back to his room. We thought it was a simple fifteen minute procedure.

By the time he got back, he was exhausted. I did not see him open his eyes today, but I think Brian did. He did squeeze my hand lightly several different times. Right after I put on our Billy Vaughn CD that has a lot of old favorites of ours on it, I said that I thought the song playing was "Tiny Bubbles." I asked him to squeeze my hand if I was right. That was the most definite squeeze so far!!! How exciting! It means to me that he heard me AND knew the song!!

Grace and the kids came about 7 and talked me into going to dinner. We went to Red Robin and sat next (by that I mean almost on top of!!) an elderly gentleman who entertained us royally. His chair was closer to Isaac's than I was to Katrina...and I was beside Katrina at our table. Isaac was at the end of our table and the man was sitting with his back to us and his chair touching Isaac's! He kept turning to Isaac and telling him jokes...........the same ones over and over. Isaac was such a sweety...he laughed each time!! And keeps mentioning how much he enjoyed the guy. He told us he was 84 years old. I told him I was 85, and he said, "No way! More like 45!" So you can see why I liked him!!!!

We have had sad news today...both Flora Lee Lockhart and Rodney Reyman have passed away. I haven't had any new news about Roger Buck, but think he is doing similar to Stan. Please keep him and Stan in prayer. My sister Jeanne is home from Tulsa and pretty weak. I would appreciate prayers for her, too.

Thank you so much for being such faithful and true supporters of my guy!!

Love, M

No comments: