Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day 38

It is time to get out something bigger than sparklers and fire crackers....maybe not rockets just yet...but we do need to celebrate!!!

I called Brian about noon to let him know I would be on my way soon, and his news made me cry. He said Stan had squeezed his hand on command several different times!!! He would ask him questions and tell him to squeeze or NOT squeeze, and Stan "obeyed." Not a very hard squeeze, but a gentle but definite pressure. I know....because he has done the same for me several times today. I could hear Rick Elliot in the background telling Stan to squeeze his hand. I can't wait to hear what Rick says!!

He also opened his eyes several times today in recognition. I was a little sad by the look that he seemed to have....like he was scared. It must be awful to wonder what is going on and where you are. But he seemed to search my face. I hated to leave, but I keep getting all the advice to "get some rest," "take care of yourself," etc........

I am anxious to return tomorrow!!!

He is having some tummy problems with his food stuff...so they have quit feeding him for a couple of days. Seems mighty drastic to me, but I sure want to trust they know what is best!!

He does have the infections....lung and blood, but his "numbers" stayed good today. He is on a powerful antibiotic....

Dr. Lee wants him more stable before transferring him to the LTAC. But what a thrill to know he is "there." I don't know what the future holds, but I DO KNOW WHO HOLDS THE FUTURE!!

Hmmmmm....the morning after the anointing... Anyone think there is a correlation???

Love, M

No comments: