Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 17 and still going

My very own "energizer bunny!!"

Not such good news today....but not TOO bad, I guess. I was hoping for much better.

But first, I have an apology to make. My only excuse is ....Well, hmmmm, maybe stress and lack of sleep....but to leave Mark and Laura off my list of yesterday's visitors makes me very sad. They are so special to us that we "adopted" them!!! Sorry kids!! You know I love you. (So there were 18 yesterday!! And like one email said "you are all there in spirit!! and I do "feel" you! thank you!!)

When I got to the hospital, I was so sure life was all rosy.....only to be told Stan had a really bad night. His oxygen stayed okay, but his pulse and BP soared, so that all kinds of meds were once again being administered.

He did "settle down" and so most of these were slowly removed during the day, and his numbers (oh those NUMBERS) stayed pretty good. This afternoon the intensivest (I didn't even know such a "term" existed!! but my RT friend said they are the best of the best...) told me it was now time for a trach. I am nervous (or was, until I read my Molly's email tonight about HOPE) because of what an earlier doctor had said about him not being strong enough. They feel he is more stable now even tho last night was bad, so I have to trust .... and SIGN...

It was my understanding I would be talking to the surgeon in a day or two. Surprise....she came tonight prepared to go into surgery about midnight....but the anethesiologist said NO WAY...gotta be off that feeding tube for at least six hours. So plans changed and it was to be Sunday morning at nine. Five minutes later....change of plans...it will be Saturday morning at ten thirty. Please do pray a little extra in the morning!!

I bragged a little too soon last night....about not falling asleep while writing. When I tried to enter your addresses into the address line, I kept falling asleep and have learned that I sent some "astray"....so I do hope that you all got an update!! It is earlier tonight. I came home about three hours earlier and hope to get at least 6 hours sleep tonight.

Many of the men of our congregation are at a retreat this weekend....Murphy flew up from Oregon to be the guest speaker and brought his lovely wife. They both came to the hospital today (along with an elder from the congregation where Murphy preaches, and Deryl, our minister) to check on Stan. Stan had planned to be at the retreat, so it was great that they brought a little of it to him.

I think there were 13 who came today.... so we "fell off" a little.....and the neurologist thought I was ALONE!! Little did he know.... And little did he know that like Elisha and the servant.... and the mountain that was "full of horses and chariots..." ... there are the multitude of YOU on my mountainside!! (II Kings 6:17)

Love, M

No comments: