Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 18

I want to share the "meat" of Molly's email to me today:

"The chances are fairly good that the surgeon doesn't know the Lord Jesus as Savior.

So I wanted to remind you of a time in the Bible when God used an unbeliever to accomplish His great purposes, and it says that God grasped that person by the right hand. That's usually the hand the surgeons use to operate.

(She quoted the verses, but I will give you the reference...Is 44:24-28, Is 45 1-6)

Madeline, I'm praying that God will grasp the surgeon by the right hand and accomplish His purposes this morning - so that EVERYONE will know that there is no God like our God."



Wellllll....I do believe that God grasped the surgeon's by the right hand and accomplished His purpose this morning!! The surgery went well, and Stan's numbers are good. PTL

While Stan was in surgery, my boys went to Denny's and got me some eggs and hash browns.....yummmm..... The rest of the gang ate Subway....that is all there is in this hospital. There is an excuse (poor one?) of a cafeteria, but it is usually closed! I guess that isn't the "important" part of being a good hospital, tho, so it is okay.

After eating and gabbing, I went up to check on Stan and found he was back in his room, but not quite ready for visitors. It wasn't long before I was able to see him and see the doctor. Kathy (RT friend ) was with me and had totally explained what to expect. She was right on target, even to the bleeding. This will abate soon. He looks so much more comfortable with that stuff out of his mouth. The feeding tube went back in through his nose, but I was told "they hardly notice it" and that it isn't painful. I sure hope not.

No more tape between his mouth and nose and around his head!! They had shaved him this morning, and after removing the tape now, he has whiskers growing from ear to ear in a strip about 1 inch wide....so he could develop an interesting mustache!!

After checking on him, I went back to the cafeteria to let others know he was in his room. I sat and visited and two friends joined Kathy and me. We were "updated" by John T who said he had been kicked out because they were going to insert the feeding tube in Stan's nose. He left, and John G came down and reported that he was kicked out because they were about to a Chest xray of Stan's chest

(I am so sleepy! I do hope I am making sense!!)

My boys picked up the 7 - 8 foot Noble fir tree for my entry. Laura and Mark each got a free tree because the Russian's didn't like the bug that came east and weather wth them.

They both work for Northern Air Cargo, and so they had an extra "free" tree. What a blessing! I was not sure that I would decorate this year, but with this tree....comes a renewed spirit of "the season."

The boys have set the tree up for me and tomorrow will help me get to the boxes of ornaments. I have to go to bed so tormorrow will come!!!

Night and God Bless....Love, M

No comments: