Wednesday, February 20, 2008

update day 97

I just got word an hour ago that my sister, Jeanne, passed away. I am blessed to have had so much time to enjoy her even tho she was so ill during the past two years. I have so many fun and funny memories now!! My first visit to Tulsa while we were out walking we found a "critter" upside down. I scooped him right side up and onto the grass and took his picture. We thought he looked a lot like a scorpion only ...no stinger. Turns out it was a crawdad....but NO water near by. She and I were never brave enough to walk down thru the deep grass that went down to a creek behind the Center because we were fearful of the poisonous snakes that can lurk in those Oklahoma places. She told me Lane was braver and did explore that area.

We both enjoyed watching the fish in the clinic....and we were "regulars" at the pharmacy gift shop. I bought teddy bears and she bought fancy cards.

I was always very impressed with all the friends she made there. She was loved by everyone....doctors, nurses, caregivers and patients...and the cleaning crew and kitchen crew, and even the maintenence man was always willing to do her bidding.


Please pray for her husband and children.

Alaska, or at least my little section of it, turned a bit angry today....the wind and rain stormed around us all day long. The snow is now icey lumpy slush, and will be way worse after it freezes tonight. Forty degree weather in February is NOT nice here.

Things are "same-o, same-o" for Stan today. I did some exercises with him that the speech therapist left for me, and he did pretty good with them.

He isn't eating very well, and I don't know what to do. I end up putting a lot of his meals into the tube, but that is not what I want. He used to complain that they are too much work, but now he just gags and throws up, so it is impossible to "encourage" him to eat. I used to just feed him.....while others would let him get away with saying he didn't want something. But when he is gagging, coughing, and vomiting....it is kind of hard to "feed" him.

His left hand, arm, and leg haven't made any huge leaps yet, but let us continue in hope and encouragement!!

Thank you for your prayers!!

Love, M

No comments: