Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day 95

Ahhh! There is always something new to be learned!! The day before Stan came home, I went shopping for supplies...and thought I had what I needed. We did bring home several "diapers" from the hospital supplies. (Once things were opened in his room, they were his.) I looked for something similar, and after much searching, finally found a couple of kinds (I thought). Today was "test" day (because I ran out of the "free" ones).....one package is totally inadequate, and the other that says "adjustable underwear" and shows tape tabs............is a pull up with tabs to make them tighter in the waist. After a couple of mishaps, I cut the pull up ones apart from leg to waist right by the tapes. Using those tapes and some clear post office packing tape... we do fine. I have cut the other ones in half and used them as added protection. I can't believe there aren't things on the shelves!! I will check Walmart soon. Just one more glitch in life!

Our blue sky was only here for a few hours on Friday. It snowed all day Saturday. Our day started with Pete having to pull Phil out of the deep snow in our driveway so he could go to the airport to pick up Kacee. (She was on a music tour with one of her classes to Juneau and Sitka.) Brian spent hours snow blowing the driveway, and Pete went to the valley in the afternoon to help Eric. Andy came on his way to work to set up a shelf and hanger for the TV and VCR/DVD so Stan could see it. He has always enjoyed watching Looney Tunes videos with the grandchildren. His mom would read to our kids when they were little....and always end with "That's All Folks!" I bet she said the same thing to him when he was little!!

Isaac was here to help me, and Phil and Kacee came in the evening and made dinner. After church Sunday Isaac plans to go snowboarding! He is like the kid in the Family Circus funnies in today's paper.... standing in a snowstorm, Billy says, "This is the kind of bad weather that I like!"

Pete has promised to be here with Stan after church so I can go to the Chocolate Factory. I really goofed!! With all the preparations for getting Stan home, and then trying to get settled into a workable schedule, meet with all the Home Health people, etc...I didn't get to the store and post office before Valentine's Day. Not only did I NOT get my grandkids V. Cards sent, but I didn't get a couple of little stuffed animals to a little boy for his birthday like I planned. (The C. Factory has a huge supply of them....!! That's why I'm going there! If I buy a truffle or two, don't be surprised!) I'm hoping that even late, he'll feel special. I need to go to Costco while I'm out, too. Isaac really likes grapefruit...and I can get a huge bag of them there. Pete took my Costco card to get some things there, but they wouldn't let him use it. I guess he didn't look like my picture!! (I really really hope I do NOT, either!! It is a thousand times worse than the worst driver's license picture you've ever seen or heard of!!) Hmmm... he DOES look like Stan...why didn't I think to have him take Stan's card!!!!!

I did get excited over some of Stan's "pain" today. He has started complaining about his left thumb hurting. We hope it means the arm/hand is "waking up." It wasn't until late evening that I remembered that for about three or four weeks after his right arm started "working" that he fussed about his right thumb everytime it was touched. We didn't even notice when he quit fussing about that. Do you think this pain means his left hand is beginning to WORK??? In other words.... your prayers are ONCE AGAIN being answered for him!!! Wow!! I MUST remember to notice whenever specific prayers are answered!!! He is such a miracle man!!

So once again...my specific prayer requests for him are:
the use of his left side, that he'll learn to walk again, and that he can get some sleep at night (so that I can, too!)

Thank you so much for your faithfulness!! Please do remember little Darian, too. He started his chemo...and it is rough!! His grandpa said he actually requested some chicken McNuggets...after several days of not being able to keep anything down!! Grandpa Bob was waiting in line for when bfst was over and McNuggets were being cooked!! That brings tears to my eyes!!

Love, M

No comments: