Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 85

Pete went to the hospital early again and fed Stan his breakfast. He did feel that Stan was feeling better.

When I got there (late for lunch) Stan's lunch appeared to be still sitting waiting for someone to feed him. After I removed the covers from the bowls, I could see that someone had attempted to feed him. I found out later that he kept telling the nurse that he didn't like the vegies, didn't want anymore, etc.

He would try to sleep during the afternoon, but every time he would cough, he would still grab his head and hollar how bad it hurts. He does seem to be "hollaring" a little less as the day went on...so I am thinking the pain isn't quite so bad now. I sure hope so. He did ask me once to hold his eye in its socket while he coughed.

The Case Manager came in to talk to me...per our agreement....and today she was prepared with all the info that I need. It looks like medicare will cover practically all expenses...i.e. a nurse coming to the house one to three times per week, ocupational, speech, and physical theripists, a special wheel chair, bed with trapeze over head, a bed side table like the hospitals use, suction equipment!!, and evan a lot of the little pharmaceudical supplies......sorry, i woke up and found some interesting stuff typed but deleted it until you are older (I'm really NOT going crazy...just sleepy!! I don't care if you are younger and read what I write. Honest... what I had typed was something like k.i.e.k.e I don't know what it was. I was trying to write i.e. and then list the pharmaceudicals.) I had just woke up on the keyboard and thought I should go to bed! I "saved the draft of my email" and then decided to go ahead and finish it tonight...but maybe it will need to wait until morning.

I promised to be at the hospital earlier tomorrow so I could meet with the doctor and get prescriptions, etc.

I'll try to write more in the morning...I'm not sure I will make much sense tonight.


Oh DEAR!!! I started finishing the update at 7:30 this morning (Thursday)...it is now 8:30 and I went to send it....and lost all I had added. I don't think I have time or energy to rewrite what I had to say. Unfortunately, I had said a lot of stuff for my own "benefit" so that I can keep things straight in my own mind. I am getting very frustrated with hotmail!!

It's a good thing I saved the draft of what I started last night...or that would have been gone, too!!
I did mention that I should have just deleted all that "garbledy gook" up there, but then what would you do for a good laugh??

Pete is at the hospital now, feeding Stan his breakfast. We still have lots to do here to get ready for his bed etc, and then for him. So I am not going to try to start over....

Please pray that Stan will be okay to come home Saturday! And that I will be competent preparing him nutricious meals that taste good to him. Thank you so much!

Also, I got an email from Bob yesterday that they have found more "hot spots" on his little grandson...so that the cancer is worse than originally diagnosed...and that was BAD.... so please please make little Darian a huge part of your prayer time!

Love, M

No comments: