Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 73

Laura (Motsinger) Smith took Cheri and me out to lunch at a neat little cafe. We had good food, good company, and a very good time. Pete stayed with Stan while we "played" and Cannon and Isaac stayed home and caught up on sleep.

It was an emotional day of misunderstandings and I hope "straightenings out".... Stan did bump his head on Wednesday, but I found out that he was given some strong narcotic pain meds that morning, too. They probably account for the slurred speech and droopy mouth.

I will be so glad to get him home so I can get MORE sleep!! Friends at church have offered a hospital bed for his use, so I just need to clear a space for it. The only tube Stan still has is the feeding tube, and I have no fear of it. It would be an easy way to give him his meds....instead of having him try to swallow them.

It is Saturday morning and I need to get going. I was too tired to write last night....we didn't leave the hospital until almost midnight.

Yesterday was another day of clearing at least six inches of the white stuff off the car before leaving. I don't think there is any today!!

Our neighbor used his plow to clear a lot of the driveway and what he couldn't get to, Brian used the snow blower on...so we are in great shape until the next snow fall.

Andy did bring his dad some moose gravy and mashed spuds, along with some finely chopped (VERY finely chopped) moose meat. Stan loved it. Then John H. brought him some chocolate pudding (and a beautiful myrtle wood bowl!) and Kathy finished off the evening with chocolate ice cream. He may gain weight lying there in bed!! (Someone left him a Hershey bar on the TV shelf and he still has a couple of truffles.)

Please don't feed the patient when visiting, however.

There is a beautiful waning moon peeking in my front window at 8:30 this morning. It looks like " 'Twas the Night Before Christmas" poem outside.

Love, M

No comments: