Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day 53

Guess I am on my own tonight!! I do feel better, and did go in to be with Stan for most of the day.

Nothing exactly NEW today.........just MORE talking, more sitting up in a chair and more time spent in the sitting area in the front lobby. Well...he did get a snow ball thrown at him, and a snow ball to hold in his hand. Guess that is new!!

He was pretty sleepy this morning when I got there. Carl E. and I visited for a good hour without waking him.

Pete and Brian had gone to the men's bfst at the church. Stan often cooked his famous crepes for this once a month event.

After Carl left, and I had to answer the phone in Stan's room twice, and the "big" guys came and turned him..........and he slept ON...Katie came and he woke up right away. So she told him jokes. Unlike when John told his jokes, Stan made the mistake of opening his eyes, so Katie KNEW he could hear her. She even acted out her first joke....but go no laugh. He said, "I don't laugh so much lately." The second joke HE explained to us. Katie said he "passed," since he obviously "got" it.

Stan has a large room here....which is good. He often has in excess of 8 adults visiting...and other times two two year olds to boot! They are pretty good little boys...if I do say so!!

The "mechanism" to get Stan into the special chair is interesting. I'll have to watch it sometime and then explain it to everyone. It's been explained to me, but I would probably confuse you if I tried to explain something I don't understand!!! heehee

Pete wheeled him out to the lobby to visit with Kathy, John, Paula, and me. Kathy snuck outside and threw a snow ball at the window in front of his face. Carl (who had been in to see Stan, AND we thought had left) was visiting someone in a catty corner room to the lobby and SAW Kathy throw the snowball....so he had to come investigate. Too bad Stan hadn't kept hold of the snowball Kathy brought in to him. He could have nailed Carl!!! Now that would have been "news worthy."

His hips and knees have really been hurting the last couple of days....or he is just now able to TELL us they are hurting. I sure wish I knew of a solution for that problem ASAP.

Pete stayed the night, Phil and Kacee are there waiting until Pete and/or Andy return to stay the night. Stan likes the company when he is wakeful.

He still remembers all his "old" sayings. We were looking at the light fixtures in the very high ceilings of the lobby. I told him to tell Kathy how HE would put them up....and he didn't fail me. He said, "Take a shot of Old Crow and fly up." He still prefers to think it is 2006 instead of 2008, tho.

Each day continues to be as good as or better than the one before.....PTL

Love, M

No comments: