Friday, February 15, 2008

day 92 & 93

Wow.... instead of MORE time now that we're home, I seem to have much less time!! I have to get busy early caring for Stan's needs, attempting to at least keep a semblance of order to the house, and then get to my shower and breakfast. Yesterday I had the social worker involved with Home Health Care here for a couple of hours. Today I had the nurse at one and the speech therapist at 3:30. So I had to be done with "everything" by one and then jump right in and fix Stan a lunch and mid day meds and be ready for the next gal. She stayed until after five. I was so tired and so was Stan, so I thought he would nap until dinner....but he just didn't seem able to go to sleep.

The nurse had wanted to come at ten, but was gracious when I told her I had been caring for Stan's needs since just after five, and was just then (about 9:30) finally getting my bfst, and still needed my shower.

Well...I started this last night (Thursday) and managed to be too sleepy...Andy's family were here until about 2 a.m. United is once again flying into Anchorage, so Andy is on a regular evening shift again. Grace and the kids came in to visit and help...and brought home made pizza (which we pureed some taco pizza for Stan's dinner...his favorite!). Andy gets off work about midnight, I think, but when he got here I needed help changing and repositioning Stan, so it was after one for sure, if not two.

Actually, I can hardly remember Wednesday now. With Home Health people coming one and two each day (another is due at noon today) and doing what a host of staff plus me did at the hospital....it is a bit overwhelming right now. I know things will settle down........just don't know WHEN!!

Still it is so wonderful to have him home, and he likes it so much better. He is quite the guy. Somehow he managed to get me a dozen roses for V day AND wrote in the card ....to my wife, Love, Stan....!!! He sent Brian for the flowers, and Brian had him sign the card....he couldn't manage that "usual" signature place, but it is readable and very very special!!!

I am "cheating" a little and putting his pills in applesauce through the tube (they mix in better than in water), and I gave him about 2/3 of his cream of wheat in the tube this morning. He gets so tired eating........and I need him to get the calories.

I changed him by myself this morning (Friday). Pete is at the chiropractor and now having a difficult time getting the truck started. I just roused Isaac to help with Cannon so I could write this.

We had a huge snow storm last night.......so I don't know if the Home Health person will be able to make it to our house. Pete and Isaac had a very hard time getting home last night and even more difficulty getting up our driveway...the wooses! (How DO you spell that funny word??)

We are back to "square one" with the weather..... it is still snowing! I do look forward to "summer." We don't really have spring here, it is more apt to be called "breakup." Meaning..........MESSY!!

My car is beautiful....they did a great job from what I can see. I got a print out about the "care and feeding" of it. heehee

Stan continues to have lots of neck and hip pain, so these would be great to pray about. Thank you so much. And of course, the use of the left side. We aren't completely sure what is going on, but he was moving his left leg several times yesterday. WOW!!!

His hand worries me...it is shrinking or stiffening up...pray that we will all be very diligent in exercising it!!

I do have to get busy....thanks for listening...

Love, M

No comments: