Thursday, January 3, 2008

Day 50

I got started a little late today....well, actually, my day started early, but my trip to the hosp. was late. I managed to gather all the 49 emails together and put them in a folder so I will have them. Then I did dishes and other neglected house hold things.............

I found Stan asleep, but with his teeth IN. I had taken them yesterday and left them where I hoped the speech therapist would find them. She did, but I don't know how or if they helped. His speak device was out. It wasn't too long before he woke and wanted the teeth out, too. I took them out. His normal routine at home is to have them out half the time.

His mouth does get dry, so I need to remember to "wet his whistle" more often.

We carried on a pretty good conversation for over an hour once he woke up. He did tell me he had a number ten head ache......after telling me he "needed some pain pills." That was about 1 p.m. He was given oxycodone, and he still stayed awake for another hour or so, but then he went to sleep, and was mostly asleep until about 9 tonight. At 10ish he said he had another bad (10) headache, so I told the nurse. I waited until he had the meds and they were beginning to take affect, and then I headed home. The boys (Andy, Pete, and Isaac) got to the hosp. about 7, I think. Brian came from work just after they got there and did the exercises on Stan's left side. I met the new doctor about 8, and asked about the clot. She said it is safe to do some "work" on his right side now. I don't fully understand the whole business....like, it could take a month or a year for the clot to dissolve or break up, but the danger is quite small now of its breaking off and going to his lungs or heart since he's been on blood thinner for five days. I sure hope she is right.

The kids fixed up pictures on the lap top computer, and were showing them to him when I left. There was talk of showing him some Looney Tunes, too. He does love them!!

They do say "laughter is the best medicine." He might be walking by tomorrow!!!

He did move his left foot in the night when Andy was there (after he got off work at 2:30 a.m.). And I saw him move it once today. The question is, is this "intelligent" movement or a spasm??

Please pray for him to have all the patience he needs to endure life right now. There are so many things he now wants to do, and can't yet.........going to the bathroom is a biggie!! Scratching his nose, he has conquered! Talking is a real chore, but he is DOING it!! Only, I can't always understand him, and sometimes it take 3 or 4 repeats....and I know that is no fun for him. He has a swet spirit, but I want it to stay that way!

Thanks so much.........Love, m

No comments: